To enable API access in Salesforce Classic or Lightning, you should keep the following information in mind:Editions with allowing API Access (see how to do it in Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning edition):
Step-by-step instruction from Salesforce supportYou can enable your Salesforce (Contact, Group, Professional) API for a maximum of two weeks. To that, email Salesforce Customer Support with an answer to the following questions:
- 1. Are you the System Administrator authorized on behalf of this Organization to make this request? Do you understand the implications of getting the API access?2. What is the Organization ID (where you would like to get the API access)?3. How long would you like for the API access to be applied? (Maximum of two weeks)NOTE: It can only be requested singularly. Requests spanning concurrent two week periods will not be granted.5. Why do you need to get an API limit access? (What is the business case?)6. Are you doing a data upload or data migration? Is this increase for an integration?
- How many records and what objects will you upload?
- What batch size is being used?
- What tool will be used? (The bulk API allows to upload 10,000 records/batch x number of batches).
- What specific API calls will the integration be sending and how many?
- What application will be used?
After enabling API access in Salesforce, you should inform your Data2CRM account manager about the exact time you have your API available to set up your CRM data migration.