- migrate CRM data from the modules that are not supported in the automated migration to the desired platform;
- move CRM records without the downtime of the current and future solutions;
- map the required fields in accordance with the business needs.
- determine how to import the entities that are not supported in the automated migration;
- resolve a problem with specific authorization of the future CRM;
- find a way to match the products and quotes with accounts and contacts (that were already imported in the destination CRM).
Data2CRM techs investigated the peculiarities of the current and future platforms. Besides, they created the detailed mapping of the modules, sent it to the customer and received the positive confirmation from the client.
After that, we wrote the support of NTLM-authentication for making the API requests of the future platform and migrating the entities.
Since the customer had already migrated accounts and contacts to the desired CRM, we retrieved all 7000 accounts and 4000 contacts from the existing and future CRMs with the help of Data2CRM.API.
After that, we matched the current and future records in accordance with the customer requirements:
- accounts were matched with a field “name”
- contacts were matched with a field “email”. In case the current or future CRM solution didn’t obtain this required field, we combined “first name” and “last name” together, deleted the spaces between these fields and change them to the lowercase format.
Then, we successfully migrated 23 000 products and 5 000 quotes with their relations to 7 000 accounts and 4 000 contacts.
The Quality Assurance (QA) department examined the migration results in accordance with a checklist and the customer requirements.
Products and Quotes were migrated successfully together with the relations to accounts and contacts
Modules Mapping was performed in accordance with the customer’s requirements