With the robust and continuous Salesforce evolvement, the only constant thing in the platform’s world is a change. The company always offers the innovative functionality, products and services for unlocking the new opportunities for the customers. One of Salesforce breakthrough achievements is the re-imagined user interface for its core platform. The revamped solution is Salesforce Lightning Experience that caught a lot of buzz over past years. Since the updated CRM includes several different components and lacks some functionality, many users are confused whether to switch to a new system. So, let’s take a critical look at Salesforce Classic vs Lightning Experience comparison, and explore the key aspects of the distinction.
Salesforce Classic vs Lightning Experience: Dig into the Details
While Salesforce Classic feels somewhat dated compared to the rival CRM systems, the Lightning Experience is the updated UI with a focus to display the data visually, rather than relying on text and numbers. Even though the both versions share the same features, the new version stands out for the following functionality:
- New design for ease of use. Salesforce Lightning has a modern, efficient and smart interface. All users can connect to their accounts across any devices. The requested information is surfaced for each one of them. That ensures the streamlined process and makes workflows more intuitive. There are two key improvements:
- cool features from the mobile experience became available to desktop users,
- Note’s “autosave” and the rich-text capabilities can ensure a better experience.
- Smarter views. That feature can help users to focus on the more important things first. Simply put, information will be displayed more dynamically and visually.
- More columns on dashboards. The dashboards are not restricted to three columns. The components are animated and allow to get more data-driven decisions at a glance. The users can view open/closed sales amounts as well as the closed ones.
- Home Page can be customized and display necessary information at first to help you to be more efficient. Besides, it can be reached wherever you need to see the overdue tasks, leads, opportunities and potential issuers.
- Activity Timeline workspace enables you with creating the tasks and events, log calls, send emails and track these activities efficiently. Also, the Lightning experience doesn’t require the refreshment of the entire page for saving the updates.
- Opportunity Kanban has been added as a visualization tool for opportunities. The reps can review the deals at each stage in the pipeline. The drag-and-drop functionality offers you to move deals from one stage to another. Besides, you can receive the personalized alerts when the most important deals in progress and immediately observe the effect on their forecast.
- Lightning Experience is generally available for all editions at no additional cost.
However, Salesforce Lightning Experience falls short of some features that exist in the Classic version. So, the updated edition is not a suitable choice for your business if you are looking for:
- customizable dashboards and home page elements;
- territory management and inline editing of fields (lists, records);
- support of Account teams, Account and Contact hierarchy, as well as the person account.
- adding the leads, contacts, or person accounts to campaigns from reports;
- options for the resizable columns or Advanced filter logic. However, the revamped platform support the charts and creating filters easily that is not possible in Classic;
- possibility of merging Accounts, Contacts, or Leads;
- opportunity to have the Joined Reports, Details of Matrix Reports, Tables Funnel, and Scatter chart types, and scheduling of report refreshes.
- ability to integrate with any application from the AppExchange. Some of the add-ons might not be supported in the new edition, but you can use them in the Classic version.
As you can see, both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience comprise the advantages and disadvantages. Fortunately, the company offers the optional switch-over. In other words, if the Lightning version lacks some features or tools that are available in the Classic or vice versa, you can easily move between the old and new platforms. Check the following video to explore how to switch among the interfaces.
So, whether your organization runs the Salesforce Classic or Lightning Experience, the above-mentioned features can enhance the business processes and improve the customer relationships. In case you want to move your records from the existing CRM to one of the Salesforce units, an automated migration service can help you perform the task and benefit from:
- Security regulations guarantee to treat the data privately and offer an opportunity to sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement.
- Fields and users mapping that helps you fit the specific business requirements and have total control of the modules mapping.
- Free Demo Migration offers to test the service in action and check the configuration options of the future CRM.
- 100 % uptime of both platforms means the SaaS excludes the impact or interruptions of the company processes.
Smooth Migration to Salesforce Classic or Lightning Experience
Complete the several steps to perform the successful data import:
- provide the access credentials of the current and future systems;
- select the items you want to import, as well as map the items;
- launch a free Demo Migration to observe if the service works in the proper way.
- click on Start Full Migration to complete the transition.
Pulling It All Together
Both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience are great versions for boosting the business growth. However, Salesforce upgrade release coming in Winter`19 may force you to change the existing CRM to Salesforce Lightning. See what newies are prepared for Salesforce users in the article "7 Reasons to Migrate to Salesforce Lightning Before Winter 2019".
As well, you may import a bit of real data from CSV to Salesforce using Salesforce Data Loader from Data2CRM or do the same from another CRM solution using Demo Migration. Both are absolutely free and secure options.
By the way, right now Data2CRM holds a great Discount and offers you to save up to 20% of your Salesforce migration budget.