Today seems that the successful business must use a CRM system and its best management, sales, and marketing features.
A well-suitable solution can help you to:
- receive, store, and analyze tons of various information about your customers,
- get beautiful reports on the business processes,
- make more effective and wise decisions,
- meet clients’ needs faster and easier,
- create and strengthen your company’s ecosystem,
However, sometimes it happens that data transfer appears a challenging task. The most common reason is a discrepancy between the names of data fields or other features.
So, if you are planning to move to HubSpot CRM, here are tips that must help you to switch current CRM to HubSpot with pleasure.
Prepare Your Data
Before transferring your CRM to HubSpot it is highly recommended to prepare the data you want to migrate.
- Test HubSpot CRM before moving all the records. Sign for free and check out all the system’s features and functionalities.
- Filter and analyze all of your data, delete duplicates, to ensure smooth and accurate data transfer.
- Make the backup. Just in case, if you don’t want to lose important records. Many CRM platforms can export your business information into CSV or Excel. In case it isn’t well for you, do not hesitate to use 3-rd party service and export the information automatically. That is the way, all your data and attachments will be gathered and downloaded within separate .ZIP archive.
Choose Migration Tool
There are a few ways to migrate to HubSpot CRM:
1. Data Import from CSV Files
Of course, you can export data from CRM into CSV and import them into HubSpot. But you must be aware that it is possible to lose some data and relations between records while choosing that way to go.
2. Third-party Services
Use third-party services like Trujay (Data2CRM). It can transfer more than 50 data fields including custom ones between over a hundred solutions automatically.
If you need more advanced possibilities or the desired platform is not supported for automated transfer, use custom migration.
What do you get when choosing Trujay to migrate to HubSpot CRM?
- Data Security and Privacy
- Fields and Users mapping
- 100% uptime of both CRM platforms
- Free Sample Migration
- Saved relations between modules
- The possibility to restart migration over (Migration Insurance)
- During & Post Migration Technical Support
3. HubSpot Technical Support
You can also get a HubSpot Technical Consultant to provide you with a personalized, custom solution to fit your requirements and needs. Moreover, you can get some help with database settings, integrations, sales team training, etc.
Perform the Actual Migration
When importing data to HubSpot it is recommended to use migration services to save your time and efforts and transfer data in a few steps.
1. Go to Wizard and start one-page sample migration right away. No registration required. Specify your existing CRM by providing the required credentials. Now, define your destination CRM - Hubspot. You’ll be redirected to your Hubspot where you should log into your account to allow us the data access. Then, you’ll be redirected back to the migration wizard automatically. When all is done, launch free Sample migration. And don't forget to provide email before starting free Sample migration so we will send the results there.
Notice that we won't ask you to authorize if the chosen platform cannot be migrated automatically. Instead, we will show you our custom package pricing page.
Notice. At the very first time, your data fields will be mapped automatically according to the most common logic.
2. Evaluate the sample results and if you are satisfied with those, choose an insurance plan and complete Pipedrive to Salesforce migration.
In case something went wrong, you want to change migration options and set up mapping by your own, press "Change options".
Select items you’d like to migrate to your new CRM platform. Check the corresponding boxes to migrate your accounts, contacts, tasks, opportunities, leads and notes together with the related activities such as calls and events.
Also, you can push on "pencil" icon to open advanced mapping possibilities.
Keep in mind that you can change mapping and re-run Sample migration for free as many times as needed.
The service will transfer all your data without any hassles and business interruptions, so you will be able to get to work right away as well as implement your post-migration actions.
Actions to Take After the Migration
Now, when you transferred the data, it is recommended to use some post-migration tips for easier platform implementation and automation:
- check out if the records are transferred to the proper fields;
- find out if the connections between the records are migrated and saved right;
- make sure to build personalized workflow rules;
- set up the filters for reporting tools;
- continue to educate your staff about the new system by providing training and holding the meetings.
To Sum Up
Free, straightforward and standalone, HubSpot CRM is designed to enhance business success with simplicity and affordability.
Now, when you know some tips on how to migrate to HubSpot CRM, you are ready to perform the actual data import.
In case you want to know more about the migration process or have some specific questions, feel free to contact experts.