CRM data transferring is a usual process nowadays, but also the one surrounded by some misconceptions. Some businesses, scared of the possible difficulties and problems, tend to avoid the procedure. Therefore, they forget that CRM migration is the important step to company growth and improvement. Accordingly, thorough preparation can decrease a chance of pitfalls and ensure further success. That is, Salesforce data migration can be your choice.
The first point to remember while planning the data transferring is knowing that one of the frequent dangers connected with the transition is the lack of the process understanding as well as failure to use the established best practices. Consequently, the most common troubles that can venture the results of the CRM switch are:
- - bad communication between all the involved members
- - incomplete transferring policies
- - little data quality in the existing software
- - failure to optimize the information before the migration
- - skipping testing the system before the process
All in all, to prevent you from the phobia of the migration mishaps, we would like to look at some advice on performing your data switch safely. Thus, as Salesforce CRM is one of the industry-leading solutions on the CRM market with some compelling features and options, let’s use the platform as an example and learn the main steps of Salesforce data migration.
How to start
Take a look at the advantages of automated data migration.
For example, Data2CRM service, an official Salesforce partner, can move your data from over 120 CRM solutions and provide complete data transfer using advanced options. That makes possible to transfer information from another CRM system directly to Salesforce.
Also, Data2CRM can migrate your data from and to any Salesforce edition. With no exceptions!
Salesforce Data Loader from Data2CRM is a SaaS that automates Salesforce data import from CSV files.
Download full sales activity history from the existing CRM and launch Salesforce Data Loader. The files will be transferred with the saved relations between records, they can be downloaded in any order, it is not critical, because the relations will be preserved according to the mapped fields.
Take the advantages of Salesforce migration tool, as it is:
- Secure. A comprehensive set of practices, technologies, and policies were developed to ensure your 100% data safety.
- Automated. Migrate your data to Salesforce faster using automatic mode, and avoid the manual work.
- Customized. Migrate any custom fields/modules and other data easily from your current software to Salesforce.
- Preserves relations. Data2CRM maintain proper relations between the migrated data.
- Easy to Use Import Wizard. A user-friendly and intuitive interface that is easy to deal with even for inexperienced users is offered. The few clicks in the Salesforce data loader wizard will do the job.
- Detailed Data and Users Mapping. Effortlessly select the modules or/and users you want to migrate to Salesforce. This option allows you to have total control and overall vision of your data over the CRM import.
- Demo Import. Try out Salesforce data loader by running the Demo import. During this process, the limited amount of your data will be migrated to Salesforce CRM swiftly. So, you will be able to check out the Salesforce migration tool in action and your data in the new CRM.
- High Free Package. This option allows you to import large bulk of data to Salesforce CRM from files absolutely free (without relations between modules), in case, if you want to create connections manually. Such a process can take up to few hours.
Salesforce Data Migration: 7 Secrets of the Smooth Switchover
As statistics concerning CRM project failures proves that data transferring far more than merely moving from one CRM to another, consider the several aspects that play the significant role in the successful Salesforce data migration:
#1 Test CRM before the switch
One of the good ways to see if the platform can help you overcome the challenges is to test drive by using your data. As Salesforce offers a free trial, it is suggested to compare all the modules, functionality options as well as automation and configuration choices. That enables you to try out the future system with familiar data and ensure that the software may be a good fit for your organization.
Furthermore, you should make sure the new system is configured properly from the start. You will be surprised at how easy it is to set things up wrong and then experience difficulties without knowing the reasons. So, you can even ask for help from Salesforce company to fix up the platform correctly.
#2 Perform data analysis
Another can't-miss-task is to avoid the common misdeem of the companies that nourish the fantasy about their database accurateness. Consequently, you should learn how your data is structured and where it resides as well as clean out all unnecessary information. Otherwise, the inconsistency, irrelevancy, and unnecessary items will migrate to your future CRM.
After that, you have to take some time and decide what information to move from your existing CRM to Salesforce. So, if your business has been on the market for some time, the data may include the old prospect details or important past negotiations. You most likely will need this type of records for future business operations and communication processes, so it is suggested to transfer them to desired CRM.
However, in case your database contains historical information such as outdated appointments, completed meetings or phone calls, you might not need it for business actions later on. This info can be handled separately and considered as closed activities.
Furthermore, if you don’t want to migrate all the data at a time, indicating the criteria to filter the records during the transfer is important. In Data2CRM practice, the majority of the organizations tend to move the items by:
- date (setting the certain period)
- a number of contacts that are connected to a particular user
- relations to specific records (for instance, all the contacts related to tasks)
Finally, if you are the company owner or head of the sales, you are definitely acquainted with all your business processes and database. At this point, there might not be any issues with evaluating and identifying the way to transfer the records.
#3 Prepare backup
You shouldn’t neglect a backup option to eliminate the risk of any information loss or file damage. During the migration, this process becomes a vital and critical action.
So, at this point, you have to explore if your CRM system offers an opportunity to download all the info into CSV files.
#4 Perform the Salesforce Data Migration with Data2CRM
When all preparation steps are over, you are all fired up to proceed with the actual transferring. As the time is the most expensive and valuable privilege of business life, the automated data transition gets a lot of attention. Thus, one of the practical solutions for the direct, secure and accurate records relocation to Salesforce is the web-based service Data2CRM.
So, if you want to find out how to benefit from Data2CRM, explore the following functionality options:
- First of all, considering Salesforce data migration, there is the important thing to remember. After you provide the future CRM details, the system will redirect you to Salesforce account. At this point, you should press ‘Allow’ button to access the data. Then, you’ll be back to the migration wizard, so that you can proceed with the next steps.
- Secondly, you can fix up specific fields and users mapping on your own by your business needs. So, choose a desired record and press ‘View or Change Field Mapping’:
2) After that, check out if all the fields are mapped properly, and run a free Demo Migration to explore the service in action.
When the Demo Migration to your new Salesforce is over, it is important to check out the results immediately. Here, you should start reviewing the Demo outcome from the ‘Contact’ module and compare the current contact information with the migrated data. So, you can have a chance to see and explore if the relations between the contact and users, opportunities, accounts or tasks stayed retained.
All and all, you can be sure that your existing system will be live during the whole migration process. Also, in terms of security, the SaaS excludes the possibility of any data loss as all the items are copied from the existing solution.
#5 Make check-ups after the transferring process
When the switch is over, it is recommended to explore the correctness of your records and monitor the adherence of data entry as well as maintenance rules for the next couple months. So, Salesforce offers you to organize your data into objects and records. You may easily import the information into the platform using point-and-click tools. Also, it is important to know that Salesforce comes with standard objects already set up and ready for use.
#6 Set up workflow and analytic processes
One of the post-migration steps is to fix up the filters for reporting tools and workflow rules as well as starting other significant configuration adjustments. Also, the access permissions need to be established in the beginning. Accordingly, try to provide a happy medium of security because too much privacy can create too many duplicates. Furthermore, the integration with third-party add-ons and mailboxes may be done right after you have completed your Salesforce data migration or additional software setting ups.
#7 Notify and educate your staff
As employees’ adoption of the new system is the most complicated part of the implementation process, it can take a couple months for your workers to start using the solution to its full potential. So, you should keep your users informed about the upcoming changes. Especially, you have to pay attention that your existing software had distinctive functionality than Salesforce. In this case, you have to equip the workers will all needed information and tutorials. Albeit, do not give too many training at a time, as your colleagues can get overwhelmed. At this point, you can provide online tutorials. For instance, you may create a Youtube channel to ensure the users have access to the info at the moment of need.
To conclude, we can admit that the process of data switch requires a clear strategy with appropriate preparation steps and actions afterward, as well as records move scenario itself.
So, if you take all the tips above, don’t waste your time anymore.
Overcome migration hurdles and perform Salesforce Data Import using Salesforce Data Loader smoothly and securely.
In another hand, you can start free Demo Migration right now, move some amount of the existing CRM data to Salesforce and see how it looks!